While new construction is under way south of town in the business park (see Page One), some of Mc- Connellsburg’s older properties are being torn down to make way for 21st century buildings downtown. The razing of the old E.V. Lynch property at the corner of North Third and East Market streets, above, began recently. Townhouses are planned for the site of the old home that dates from the mid-19th century and has a circa 1900 addition. Nothing was left of the United Methodist Church’s old yellow brick parsonage on North Second Street, below, at the beginning of the week. The Methodists plan to build a new fellowship hall on the site.