8p2.jpg
This earlier photograph shows the steeple of the 1870 Methodist Church facing the courthouse on the town square, with the Lutheran Church steeple to the east. A one-story three-room frame schoolhouse was built north of the jail in 1882. A solid row of small stables and craft workshops line the first alley south of Lincoln Way (then called Water Street) where they had the use of water from the town stream. 8p2.jpg