8p1.jpg
This photograph dates around 1896 when the tollhouse at Peach Orchard Road, which can be seen in the picture, was built by the Chambersburg-Bedford Turnpike Co. On the south side of town is the brick Presbyterian and stone-with-stucco White Church that anchor the corners of South Second and West Maple streets. The White Church, a union church used by German Reformed and United Brethren, was dynamited down about 1896. Most of the houses and stores along Lincoln Way had outbuildings at the back of their lot along the alleys. 8p1.jpg