2018-11-08 / Local & State

Report Faults Former Gettysburg Park Head For Private Travel

By Mark Scolforo
ASSOCIATED PRESS

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) – A federal investigative report accuses a former superintendent of Gettysburg National Military Park of improperly accepting free trips from the foundation that runs the park’s visitor’s center.

The Interior Department’s inspector general’s office report released Thursday says Ed Clark submitted false travel vouchers and asked the private nonprofit Gettysburg Foundation to underwrite a dinner he attended with other National Park Service employees.

The report says federal prosecutors in Harrisburg said last month they didn’tintend to prosecute Clark.

Clark’s lawyer says Clark didn’tviolate the law and calls the release of the report a “gross injustice,” saying the National Park Service hasn’tresolved the matter.

The lawyer, Barak Cohen, says Clark repeatedly sought ethics guidance from the park service but wasn’table to get it.

Return to top