2018-11-08 / Local & State

House Destroyed, By Natural Gas Explosion

CLARKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) – Officials say a natural gas explosion in western Pennsylvania destroyed a home and sent a family to a hospital burn unit for treatment.

The home of the White family building burst into flames when Cody White went to turn on the stove around 11 a.m. Wednesday. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the suspected cause is a methane leak.

Morgan Township supervisor Shirl Barnhart says there was nothing left to save of the building. He says “it just blew up and we just had a hole with fire coming out of it, total loss.” Utility Peoples Natural Gas and the Public Utility Commission are investigating the source of the methane explosion. Barnhart says methane leaks are unfortunately a problem in the area.

Return to top