Stray Dog Linked To Cabin Fire In Central PA
BENTON, Pa. (AP) – Authorities say a stray dog might have accidentally started a fire that destroyed a hunting cabin in central Pennsylvania.
Residents staying at the house say they found the injured canine Friday in the woods in Benton Township. They took in the dog and tied her up next to a coal burning stove to keep warm.
Family members say they left the two-story lodge to call animal welfare officials from a neighboring home. When they returned, the cabin was burning.
Residents believe the dog could have knocked over the stove.
Firefighters had trouble reaching the remote area. The lodge was destroyed, and authorities tell the Press Enterprise of Bloomsburg that the dog did not survive.