Pa. Man Set Afire Filling Cigarette Lighter ID’d
DICKERSON RUN, Pa. (AP) – Authorities in western Pennsylvania have released the name of a man who died last week after he caught on fire while filling a cigarette lighter.
The Fayette County coroner’s office says 75-year-old Arthur Stutler of Leisenring died of complications from second-degree flash burns.
Officials said he was connected to an oxygen apparatus that ignited at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday in Dunbar Township.
Corner Phillip Reilly said he was burned in the face and upper body and pronounced dead at the scene.
State police said the death was an accident.