2013-11-14 / Local & State

Dog Credited For Saving Two From Fire

KUTZTOWN, Pa. (AP) – A barking dog is being credited with waking up two people in a central Pennsylvania home and saving them from a massive fire. The dog and a cat perished.

The Reading Eagle said two people were injured but were able to escape the early Saturday morning fire in Kutztown.

Kutztown Fire Chief Try Arndt says one of the victims was burned and the other inhaled smoke. A firefighter needed treatment for chest pains.

Authorities say it took them nearly five hours to fight the fire in a semi-detached home.

Arndt says the cause is believed to be unattended cooking in the kitchen.

Return to top