2013-02-21 / Local & State

Boy, 2, Found Dead After Fire

TOWANDA, Pa. (AP) – Officials say a 2-year-old boy died after fire engulfed his family’s northern Pennsylvania home.

Fire crews in Bradford County were called to the Towanda residence at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.

Coroner Thomas Carman told The (Towanda) Daily Review that John David Yoder III was found dead in his bedroom.

He said the boy died of smoke inhalation, with more toxicology and other tests to be performed.

Several other family members were able to escape and were taken to Towanda Memorial Hospital, where they were treated.

Return to top