Guy N. Hollenshead Fort Loudon, 81
Guy N. Hollenshead, 81, Fort Loudon, died at 1:20 a.m., January 27, 2013, at The Shook Home, Chambersburg.
Born January 30, 1931, at Needmore, he was a son of the late John W. and Vera Mellott Hollenshead.
During his married life he was a dairy farmer from 1950 to 1969 in the Mercersburg and Path Valley areas. He continued farming in beef cattle and hogs in Path Valley until 2010. Along with his wife he owned and operated Ft. Loudon Market from 1969 to 1989.
He was a member of Fort Loudon United Methodist Church where he was a former Sunday school superintendent and teacher. He maintained perfect Sunday school attendance for 60 plus years. As a young man he sang with the church quartet known as the Gospelaires.
He was a Tuscarora School District board director for 34 years. For a number of years he served the board as treasurer. He loved his family, his grandchildren and church family.
Surviving family are his wife, Betty Johnson Hollenshead, whom he married June 11, 1949; three daughters: Susan D. Hollenshead of Mercersburg, Sherri H. and husband Douglas Mull of Fort Loudon, Sonya H. and husband Dennis Bucher of Ocean View, N.J.; a son, G. William Hollenshead of Fort Loudon; grandchildren: Matthew and Nathaniel Bucher, Fern Mull, Grace Mull, Foster Mull, Amy and husband Ori Boker; two great-grandchildren: Gil and Netta Boker; three brothers: Cloyd Hollenshead of Fayetteville, Nhyle and wife Mary Jane Hollenshead and Ray and wife Jean Hollenshead, both of Mercersburg; two sisters: Betty Clever of St. Thomas and Jeanne and husband William Sowers of Ft. Loudon; and a brother-inlaw, Clyde Johnson of Fort Loudon.
He was preceded in death by an infant sister, Anna Fern Hollenshead.
Funeral services were held January 30, at 11 a.m. at Fort Loudon United Methodist Church. Pastors Laura E. Minnella and Harold E. Yeager officiated. Burial was at Stenger Hill Cemetery, Fort Loudon.
Lininger-Fries Funeral Home Inc., Mercersburg, was in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to Ft. Loudon U. M. Church, 1639 Appleway, St. Thomas, PA 17252.