Red Cross Assisting Displaced Family
Volunteers with the American Red Cross assisted two adults who were displaced when their Mc- Connellsburg home’s fuse box overloaded Sunday morning, McConnellsburg Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Pete Lynch reported.
Lynch told the “News” the fire company was dispatched to 13 Gerald Circle at around midnight on December 23 for a possible fire. When members arrived they found the fuse box overloaded and a very small area burning behind the wall.
The incident was called in by the home’s two inhabitants, who were able to exit the residence safely.
Due to the home not having electricity, the two individuals received assistance from the Red Cross. Red Cross officials noted they assisted the family with food, clothing and shelter and will followup to determine any additional disaster needs.
Individuals wishing to help the Red Cross, which assists people affected by disasters, can make financial donations by dropping off gifts at the Southern Alleghenies Red Cross Office, 4100 5th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602. Internet users can make a secure online contribution by visiting redcross.org or www.redcross-scpa.org.