2012-08-16 / Local & State

Air-Conditioner Wiring Causes Fire



Faulty air-conditioner wiring caused an electrical fire Tuesday morning at a brick farmhouse owned by Lee Glazier and located just south of Mc- Connellsburg along the 20000 block of Great Cove Road. McConnellsburg Volunter Fire Co. Chief Pete Lynch said that about 25 firefighters were on scene, including personnel from McConnellsburg, Hustontown, Needmore and Mercersburg fire companies. He said that heat and smoke damage was limited to the room where the fire started. No one was injured. Faulty air-conditioner wiring caused an electrical fire Tuesday morning at a brick farmhouse owned by Lee Glazier and located just south of Mc- Connellsburg along the 20000 block of Great Cove Road. McConnellsburg Volunter Fire Co. Chief Pete Lynch said that about 25 firefighters were on scene, including personnel from McConnellsburg, Hustontown, Needmore and Mercersburg fire companies. He said that heat and smoke damage was limited to the room where the fire started. No one was injured.

Return to top