2012-03-01 / Local & State

Fire Breaks Out In School’s Chem Lab

HAMBURG, Pa. (AP) – A fire inside a science classroom at a Pennsylvania high school sent several people to a hospital as a precaution over concerns about chemicals stored in the lab.

Fire officials say the call came in Thursday after the end of classes at Hamburg Area High School.

Hamburg Fire Company Chief Troy Hatt says janitors kept the fire at bay until emergency personnel arrived.

Hatt says uncertainty about the chemicals in the classroom resulted in janitors and firefighters getting checked out at a hospital.

Return to top