2012-02-02 / Local & State

Barking Dog Alerts Family To NH House Fire

BELMONT, N.H. (AP) – Fire officials say a family's barking dog woke them up and helped save them from a fire that damaged their New Hampshire home.

Firefighters were called to the home in Belmont about 12:30 a.m. Sunday. They found a garage engulfed in flames and fire spreading into the attached home.

WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/w66Atc) everyone was able to escape safely, thanks to the help of their German shepherd

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage. Belmont Fire Chief it appears to have started near a wood stove.

Return to top