2011-11-17 / Local & State

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Pa. Dad After Boy

ERIE, Pa. (AP) – A western Pennsylvania man who was overcome by carbon dioxide poisoning in his mobile home has died a day after his 14-year-old son.

A UPMC Presbyterian official tells the Erie Times- News (http://bit.ly/uvdGpl) that 66-year- old Ronald Mourton died Saturday. His son, Matthew, died Friday night at the hospital.

The Mourtons were using a gasoline-powered generator

Wednesday night to do work inside a Millcreek Township mobile home that had no electricity. But the door accidentally closed, and the room filled with exhaust.

The newspaper reports that Matthew played football on McDowell High School's freshman team.

Return to top