August 4, 2011 RSS feed / From Days Gone By

50 Years Ago

From The Files Of August 17, 1961

’61 Last week the Supreme Court upheld a local court decision to allow Fulton County to assess land belonging to the Turnpike Commission for tax purposes. The commission has no recourse now but to pay the taxes. More...

70 Years Ago

From The Files Of August 14, 1941

’41 Death: Rev. Robert H. Hoover of Perryville, Md., pastor of Mc- Connellsburg Presbyterian Church from 1884 to 1894. Mrs. Myrtle Jane Souders of Webster Mills; Mrs. Mary Florence Norris of Little Orleans, Md. More...

20 Years Ago

From The Files of August 1, 1991

’91 The announced July 31 closing of the state health center in Fulton More...

30 Years Ago

From The Files Of July 30, 1981

’81 Parts of the county had muchneeded rain on Sunday, but Fort Littleton area residents say they didn’t get enough to even soak the ground. More...

40 Years Ago

From The Files Of August 12, 1971

’71 The story of Susan Martz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Martz of More...

60 Years Ago

From The Files Of August 16, 1951

’51 Three young county men will be inducted into the Army Services on August 30. They are Leroy Anderson Schooley of McConnellsburg; Gerald Eugene Wright of Hopewell; Robert Theodore Mellott of Needmore. More...

80 Years Ago

From The Files Of August 13, 1931

’31 Deaths: Mrs. Curchia Truax Spade of Clear Spring, Md; Mrs. Goldie (Witter) King of near Hustontown; Charles Noel Hoover of Three Springs; Wilmer E. Stevens; John W. Gunnels of Philadelphia. More...