Bank Safe Proceeds Go To Camp Cadet
The safe, which was purchased by an individual who asked to remain anonymous, is believed to be the original safe acquired prior to the opening of The Fulton County National Bank in 1887, making it the first bank safe in Fulton County. Stiffel & Freeman of Philadelphia, Pa., manufactured the safe, which was in continuous use for more than 100 years.
The bank received seven sealed bids to purchase the safe, with the winning bid amount donated to Camp Cadet. Camp Cadet provides weeklong activities at Camp Sinoquipe near Fort Littleton in June for approximately threedozen students from the county’s three school districts . The camp is sponsored jointly by the Pennsylvania State Police at the Mc- Connellsburg station and by the county’s social services agencies and schools.
F&M Trust Co. is an independent community bank headquartered in Chambersburg with more than $970 million in assets. With 25 community-banking offices in Fulton, Franklin, Fulton, and Huntington counties.