2010-12-09 / Local & State

Needmore Man Pleads In Aggravated Assault Case

Mandatory arraignment held Tuesday for Kenneth Farley
By Chanin Rotz-Mountz STAFF WRITER

Having found sufficient evidence last month against the Needmore man accused of assaulting a woman at his home and repeatedly harassing her, Kenneth Farley reappeared in court this week to enter a plea to the incidents dating back to July and October.

In coming before Fulton County Court of Common Pleas Judge Angela Rosenberry Krom on Tuesday, the 42-year-old man from 682 Donahoe Lane recorded a notguilty plea to one count of harassment. The charge is linked to 73 telephone calls that were allegedly made by Farley to a 42-year-old woman between July 17 and July 21.

Court documents maintain the woman filed for a protection-fromabuse order against Farley on July 27 after receiving the plethora of calls. He is accused of violating the order on October 4 and then again six days later when the woman came to his home on October 10 to talk and drop off dog feed and cigarettes.

The female victim testified just last month in court she found Farley wrapped in a blanket in his living room when she arrived. During their conversation, Farley is accused of pulling out a handgun and instructing the woman to disrobe. The gun was further used to sexually and physically assault her, the woman said. Digital photographs were displayed in court to show the wounds suffered to the left side of her face, temple and shoulder blade.

She managed to escape, the victim stated, when under Farley’s supervision she went to the door of the trailer a second time to check on her sister, who was reportedly playing outside. Running down the hill away from the home, the woman tripped, allowing Farley to again overcome her.

Farley’s family found him straddling the woman and took the pistol away. Farley threatened suicide and quarantined himself in his trailer. The incident ended peacefully after a four-hour standoff with Pennsylvania State Police and members of their special emergency response team.

As a result of the incident, Farley also pleaded not guilty on Monday to three additional counts of simple assault, two counts of aggravated assault and one count each of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, terroristic threats and recklessly endangering another person.

Farley remains incarcerated in the Franklin County Prison in lieu of $75,000 bail. In the event bail is posted, he will undergo electronic monitoring and mental health counseling and treatment.

Farley’s next court appearance will be call of the criminal trial list currently scheduled for Tuesday, January 11. At that time, he can either accept a plea agreement through the commonwealth and Fulton County Public Defender Tamela Bard or agree to a trial to be heard by a jury or judge.

Return to top