60 Years Ago
From The Files of June 15, 1950 ’50 Col. W. John Stiteler Jr. of Middlecreek Farm, Rockwood, Pa., has joined the list of generous donors to the infant Fulton County Medical
Center by donating $500.
A kitchen shower was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Riley DeShong of Needmore on May 20 in honor of Mr. and Mrs. James W. DeShong.
Kenneth Glazier of McConnellsburg has been named a director of the Central Pennsylvania Beef Breeders Association.
A large aluminum canner lid, belonging to Mrs. Rush Barmont, was sold by mistake at the Medical Center Auxiliary’s rummage sale last week. If the buyer will return it to Hays Store, his money will be refunded.
Mrs. Herman Decker has been elected president of the Medical Center Auxiliary, with Mrs. Wilmer Sipes as vice president.
R.J. Fore and Jean Ziegler were married June 3.
Donald P. Lynch, son of Mr. and Mrs. J. McCauley Lynch of McConnellsburg, has been named principal of the Orbisonia Schools.
Mrs. Paul Shimer has been named president of the Fulton County Federation of Women’s Clubs.
Miss Wanda Mellott, 19, daughter of Orville Mellott of Hustontown, sustained a fractured jaw, concussion of the head, lacerations of the face, mouth and right knee in a car accident on Tuscarora Mountain on Saturday night. The driver of the car in which she was a passenger, Frederick Mc- Cannon, 21, of Waynesboro, is listed in “poor” condition at the Chambersburg Hospital with concussion of the brain, an ear nearly torn off and lacerations of the face and left hand.
Births: a son to Mr. and Mrs. Lee Strait of Harrisonville on June 13; a son to Mr. and Mrs. George E. Sowers of Fort Littleton on June 10.
Deaths: Lucinda Mellott of near Needmore; Mrs. Mina Richards of Amaranth; George Aflred Bard of Pittsbugh; George Ashington Lodge of McConnellsburg.