County Releases Townhall Meeting Dates
The Fulton County Board of Commissioners has released its 2010 schedule of townhall-style meetings to be held across the county during the next seven months.
The first meeting to be held by commissioners Bonnie Mellott Keefer, David Hoover and Craig Cutchall has been set for next Thursday, March 4, at 7 p.m. in Brush Creek Township. The location of the town meeting has been changed from prior years to the election house located in Emmaville. However, the change will not likely have an effect on annual attendance numbers, which have been higher in Brush Creek Township than at any other meeting location in the county.
Additional meeting dates established by the commissioners to date include:
• April 1 at the newly constructed Thompson Township Municipal Building located on Gem Bridge Road
• May 6 at the Union Township Municipal Building
• June 3 at the Green Hill Sewing Club in Harrisonville
• July 1 at the McConnellsburg Senior Center
• August 5 at the Wells Tannery Community Building
• September 2 at the Hustontown Firehall. All meetings kick off at 7 p.m. Topics discussed during meetings held over the last two years have ranged from county construction to local transportation needs. With construction of the county’s geothermal loop already well under way and bids having been opened for the next phase of the proposed renovation project, construction and budget-related issues will likely continue to be hot topics in 2010.