2010-01-28 / Obituaries

Ralph E. “Jake” Fraker Jr.

Fort Littleton, 91

Ralph Emerson “Jake” Fraker Jr., 91, Fort Littleton, Pa., died Sunday evening, January 24, 2010, at Fulton County Medical Center, McConnellsburg, Pa.

Born June 12, 1918, in Fannettsburg, Pa., he was the son of the late Ralph Emerson and Lillian Carrie (Stinson) Fraker. He was married to Grace Louise Thomas on July 16, 1947. His loving wife survives at home.

He is survived by four children: Kay Free and husband Robert, York, Pa.; Jan Fraker and wife Sheila, Hustontown, Pa.; Dawn Black and husband Rex, Hustontown; and Del Fraker and wife Susan, McConnellsburg, Pa.; six grandchildren: Thomas Fraker, Allison Fraker, Mindy Fou Choung, Ashley Black, Cory Black and Joshua Fraker; two great-grandchildren: Matthew Fraker and Addison Grace Fou Choung.

He taught Sunday school for 51 years and was Sunday school superintendent for 23 years at the former Fort Littleton United Methodist Church. Recently, he attended the Freedom Worship Center, Great Cove Road, Mc- Connellsburg, Pa.

Retiring in 1980, he had owned and operated the Ralph Fraker Insurance Agency, Fort Littleton, for 43 years. He also served as justice of the peace for 22 years, worked as a toll collector on the Pennsylvania Turnpike for three years and in earlier years had worked at Letterkenny Army Depot, Chambersburg, Pa.

He served six years on the Fulton County Board of Assistance.

He was a charter member and life member of the Hustontown Area Volunteer Fire Co., and was a life member of McConnellsburg Volunteer Fire Co.

He was also a member of the Odd Fellows Lodge, Fort Littleton.

An outstanding baseball player, he was a pitching prospect for the Philadelphia Athletics organization in 1947. An avid fan and supporter of local sports, he was a familiar face at sporting events at all the area high schools.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 27, 2010, at Freedom Worship Center, Great Cove Road, Mc- Connellsburg. Pastor Kevin Wade officiated. Interment was made in Fort Littleton Cemetery.

Return to top