2009-10-01 / Local & State

Historical Society News

More than 100 old postcards have been donated to the Fulton County Historical Society by Peggy Hauman in memory of her husband, Daryl Hauman. The Hauman family lived in lower Timber Ridge and many of the cards were addressed to Plum Run.

Postmarks show some of the post offices circa 1910 that are no longer in existence. Nine are postmarked Plum Run, 15 were mailed from Sharpe, seven from Dickeys Mountain, others from Saluvia, Sideling Hill and Webster Mills. The cards will be displayed in an album at the Fulton House museum.

Peggy also donated two prehistoric fossils found at U.S. Silica south of Fulton County near Berkeley Springs.

Return to top