2009-04-02 / Local & State

6 In Pittsburgh Home Sickened By Carbon Monoxide

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Six people at a home in Pittsburgh have been sickened by carbon monoxide.

Emergency crews and utility workers responded to the home about 3 a.m. Monday after the residents reported feeling ill. They've been taken to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh and are expected to recover.

Workers found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, but it's not clear what caused it. Crews checked neighboring homes and didn't find any problems there.

Officials did not say how long it might take to find and fix the source of the poisonous gas.

Return to top